Your first laser hair removal appointment might sound scary but with the right preparation, you can easily make your experience as painless as possible.
Here are a few tips hot to get ready for your first laser hair removal session:
- Stay away from the sun. Even though we all love the sun, try to reduce your skin exposure to the sunlight at least 3-5 weeks prior to your appointment. Avoid tanning beds, tanning lotions, and airbrush tan as well.
- Shave the area. Some people have a misconception that you have to grow your hair beforehand, but laser targets a hair follicle, not a hair itself. Therefore, make sure you shave as close to your appointment as possible.
- Keep away chemicals and fragrances from the hair removal area. You don’t want to irritate your skin either before or after the hair removal procedure. Right before the hair removal procedure take a shower, dry with a towel and get dressed. Avoid applying creams and oils.
- Plan time ahead. For some people, laser hair removal appointment takes as short as 15 min, but better prepare yourself for a longer session, especially if it is your first ever one. Be ready to spend at least 45 min of your time.
- Talk to your physician about your medication. Make sure that your pills do not interfere with laser hair removal. Especially pay attention if you are taking antibiotics or birth control.
- Take a painkiller if you are sensitive to pain. Take an ibuprofen at least 45 min prior to a procedure to reduce pain. You are usually allowed to use medicated sprays and lotion after the hair removal session. However, the majority of laser hair removal clients describe pain from mild to tolerable depending on personal sensitivity and machine settings.
- Do not dye or bleach unwanted hair before the appointment.
Follow us on social media: